Monday, January 21, 2008

San Diego

I'm on my way to San Diego today, I am really looking forward to it but at the same time...this will be my very first trip away from my little girl so that is of course an interesting challenge. In 2 years and a few months we have never had a night away from each other. I have been told (many times) that I will have a harder time than she will. I really hope that is true, I don't want her to be sad.

Other big news is my sister should be coming back from Iraq soon, I am so excited to see her. Probably Kenzie will see her before I do since I'll be out of town but still, I'm excited it will be soon! It works out very conveniently as my mother is out watching K right now and they will be able to go together to any events my sis will be a part of. (Better take pictures!!)

I've been in a kind of smog trying to figure out other parts of my life, and am taking a step back. Instead of taking everything, analyzing it to death and making a move, I'm going with my gut instincts. It's actually a huge relief. Part of it comes down to the motivational speech I got a work about a week ago pinpointing a few rules to live by: Blame No one, Expect Nothing, Do Something. I think that works in a lot of ways in a lot of areas, the "Blame No One" for instance is important in dealing with people especially when they do things that to me don't make any sense. I just try to take a step back and realize...it doesn't really matter what I feel about what they do because they are doing it as a way of coping with what they know/feel/are etc. So in most cases it isn't worth me getting mad about it, people are who they are and that is okay (as long as it isn't hurting anyone etc.).

"Expect Nothing" is kind of the same way, depending on other people for things often leads to disappointment. If you don't expect anything, when something comes of it then it is a lovely surprise to be cherished.

"Do Something" is taking responsibility for what needs to happen! If something needs to get done do it! If you need to get info/assistance then ask! I find it is something that comes pretty naturally to me but when I do get frustrated I do find it very helpful to take a step back and think "What can I do about this situation." and doing it often helps at least make me feel better.

There goes my 6am ramblings...I'm going to finish packing and writing up everything I can think of that my mom will need to know when I'm gone!! I'm about to go on my first business trip which is pretty exciting!!!

No comments: