Saturday, February 23, 2008

Reflection...

It has been quite a whirlwind of a year so far, and especially this past week! I've been so excited about life, and work, opportunities and just the moment when there was still some 'sunlight' by the time I got out of work...even if I worked late!!

Back to this week though, Kenzie and I both got sick over the three day weekend and by the time Tuesday rolled around I still had a fever of over 102 degrees and of course stayed home...since then I finally connected with someone who is doing the kind of work that I want to do, and as silly as it sounds, just talking to him and getting confirmation that what he does is really what he does was pretty exhilarating just because even though it might never happen, it means there is a CHANCE that soon I'll be doing the same thing. Add to that my taxes finally getting deposited so I can buy those tickets to get to NYC for my reunion and the ALKI brick I want to buy with our names on it to finalize the 'stability' goal of next year and yeah...great week!

I've been doing a lot of reading recently, I decided to make some amazon widgets to share, here's the book one for the books I'm bouncing around between at the moment:



I really like all these books and I can tell I'm not the only one by the 'stars' which is comforting...I'm not crazy! When I read the user experience books by Bill Buxton and Jesse James Garrett I feel like it is a HUGE exhale...that my ideas and theories on how things should be done differently are shared, that I'm not the only one that believes applications (software and web based) should be intuitive and easy to use for the customer, and that YES including a designer in the very beginning of the conceptual development and proposal part of creating something saves a hell of a lot of money when done right...and makes more later! I'm euphoric with the possibilities I see coming closer to reality day by day..

Alright...I'm being beckoned to move on and enjoy the beautiful sunny day we're having in Seattle...I'm excited too, going to an AWESOME thai please up in Seattle, then Ikea, then a movie...then who knows!! I just finally got a futon in my house which is VERY exciting...it means MORE friends and friends with kids can come visit and have a reasonable place to sleep. I still have that air mattress...but it's not as needed at this point.

Thank you to Geoff and Dave for bringing over Geoff's futon!!!

No comments: