Sunday, April 13, 2008

Philly - Last Stop


On our way to the bus stop V and I decided that we MUST visit the Frida Kahlo exhibit at the Philadelphia Art Museum...we might never have this opportunity again!!

I am so so so glad that we went to do this, it was one of those showings where we waited in line, then we were given headphones with the information about Frida Kahlo and her paintings and wow...it was so powerful. I loved seeing her work and hearing all the stories behind it. I love that she was able to fight through so much pain and make an impression on the world, it gave me motivation to do my part too...telling stories about all that I've been through and that women are still going through today.

I need to paint more!!! Some of my neighbors have informed me of some painting display opportunities so if everything plays out ... then I'll have my chance to get started!!

I had soo much fun but I'm glad to be back in Seattle...

No comments: