Friday, January 30, 2009

Earthquake

Late last night, after I went to bed in a very tired state and still hadn't fallen asleep several hours later I went into the living room to sleep on the couch. For those who haven't been pregnant or haven't experienced this, it was the total need to have my upper body higher than my lower, and my pillows weren't cutting it.

I didn't fall asleep right away, but eventually I did, waking up off and on through the night/morning to change position. It's a loveseat, so it can get a little cramped. At one point, I thought I felt the couch move, and at another point I heard something that sounded like a pot falling and rolling outside, it was quick though and it crossed my mind that it might have been an earthquake, it didn't do anything dramatic like make the walls or things on shelves fall over though so I went back to sleep and didn't think about it.

My plan was to call in sick today, because I'm exhausted and really need sleep, but I did decide to come in when I saw the meetings scheduled for today. I'm glad I did because I saw a co-workers chat 'status' as having slept through an earthquake!

Turns out that yes, there was one, it was a 4.6, what a trip! Better get to work now...get ready for those meetings I mentioned.

1 comment:

bikurgurl said...

I totally missed it ;)