Friday, May 22, 2009

Sharing stories...

I'm trying to decide what methods I want to use to record the stories that I want to get out of my system, to share in some way. I figure I can journal it...blog it...do a show like Geoff does (podcast) or something similar. Topics I'd like to get out of my system, and probably discuss are the why's how's and effect's of:

Survival Camp
Divorce
Medical Trauma
Abusive Relationship
Promiscuity
Drugs
Guilt trips
Single Parenting
Moving
Boarding School
Manipulation
Rejection

I'm inclined to, for myself start out by:
  1. Writing an essay about each of those topics, probably start with my experience, potentially even interview those involved at some point about their recollection as well if it seems necessary.
  2. Write another one based on research, once I've done both of these I'm curious to see how long they will be, even if they might be book worthy.
  3. Some of these topics at this point I'm desperate to talk about, for instance the experiences that I had when I was sent away to the desert to be fixed...I want to talk to parents as well as kids who have/might have to go through something like that and I would LOVE to talk to other people who went through this to compare notes on the outcome...same thing with an involuntary boarding school enrollment. I think it would be healthy to first record my experience and insights somewhere.
  4. I don't know what will come after all of this, I was told by a psychic that I'm carrying around a lot that I need to embrace, and not reject which is why I'm inclined to share. If I'm not confident enough to share my experiences then I don't feel like I'm truly embracing them, more like I'm continuing to repress and let them bring my opinion of myself down even more. I was described as standing on a volcano terrified of lava that really represents power that I possess but fear. Time to get over these fears and embrace them...I'm going to go start typing offline now...

No comments: