Thursday, May 28, 2009

An Oregon School for Troubled Teens Is Under Scrutiny

I am exhausted, I'm not usually up this late...I have been trying to find my purpose in life, and consciously trying to decide what part of my past I'm supposed to be reflecting on to share with the world to make it a better place.

I've been exploring a variety of my life experiences from being diagnosed with MS, having a stroke, living on the streets, going to a top art school, and soooooo many other bad movie plot themes I've lived. One of them though is my story that involves:

An Oregon School for Troubled Teens Is Under Scrutiny

I ran away from this school 14 years ago. I was 14 years old and this place was straight up psycho. I was lied to, my parents were told to lie to me, and the result was that I ended up running away, being on the streets for weeks before even letting my family know that I was okay and began the journey back home.

I only recently discovered CAFETY and ASTART both of which I want to get involved with. The experiences I had were not good, and if anything hardened me into someone who wasn't scared. I got into more and much deeper trouble after my experiences in these places, not better, and the trust and friendships broken are still suffering, though I'm working my hardest to fix this.

I didn't stop getting in trouble until I didn't have to depend on an unstable family situation, in other words I turned 16 and got my driver's license.

No comments: